Background Image for Header:
Attend an Event
Beyond the Book
Festival of Ideas November 11
Tara Westover, the author of "Educated: A Memoir" will speak on on Monday, November 11, at 7:30 p.m. in the Mountainlair Ballrooms as part of the David C. Hardesty Festival of Ideas.
The campus will be planning a series of events around the themes of the book:
- Education: what it means to be educated
- Self-reliance, resiliance, and determination
- First generation students and the "hidden curriculum"
- Forms of knowledge and types of intelligence
- Skepticism of institutions and experts in science, universities, and governmental agencies
- Mental health for students and family members
- Abusive relationships, family violence
If you're interested in using the book in the classroom or developing an event, contact Rhonda Reymond, interim director of the Campus Read and the Humanities Center.